At the Norfolk Arts Center, we envision a community in which everyone has access to the knowledge, inspiration, comfort, enrichment, and cultural complexity of the arts.
In response to the needs of our community during this pandemic, we’ve developed a weekly series of virtual classes geared for all ages and abilities. We’ve delivered supplies all over Northeast Nebraska, at no cost, to ensure there is never a barrier for those needing access to art. We plan to continue this series as long as needed, and in the meantime are also preparing for a safe transition of the return of in-person classes. We want to be ready when you’re ready to return safely.
The Norfolk Arts Center impacts on average 15,000 people each year all over Northeast Nebraska.
• Over 7,000 area K-12 students experience theater through NAC’s Setting the Stage for Kids and Norfolk Youth Theater programs.
• Educational and inspirational classes for all ages in our classroom, virtually, and throughout the community, provide a wide range of hands-on experiences with the arts.
• Partnerships with local community organizations, businesses, service groups, nonprofits, and individuals, are the foundation of celebrations like ‘Fork Fest and Riverpoint Arts Festival.
• Each year 150+ regional and national artists are celebrated in NAC’s exhibit spaces and at community events.
• Free monthly events like First Friday Open Mic, Second Saturday Studio and Third Thursday Artist Speaker Series welcome all to experience and practice art in a safe and welcoming space.
• At least 14 different stages set up throughout the year provide platforms to shine light on Nebraska musicians, poets and story-tellers.
How The Arts Benefit Us All
• Art doesn’t just unify us, it physically benefits us. Studies show that spending just 45 minutes on an art project can relieve stress, strengthen critical thinking skills and improve and sustain memory.
• Neurobiologist Semir Zeki found that just viewing art causes joy, similar to the sensation of falling in love. Viewing art also relieves mental exhaustion in the same way the outdoors does — walking in nature, losing oneself in music and admiring art directly influence health and life expectancy.
Become a MEMBER today and ensure the arts continue to thrive for generations!